I LOVE HORSES!

Thursday, July 11, 2013

What..my boring life???

       I don't want to blog about fruits and vegetables, I ain't no vegetarian, vegan or biased eater of any sort really. I don't really want to blog about healthy eating at all. I don't want to blog about un healthy eating either! I was raised on great home cooking. By my Mom and a lot of great women -Aunts Grandmothers etc; Fresh fruits and vegetables which I shopped for weekly with my Dad and desserts on birthdays and holidays mostly. No soda or chips in the house almost ever. There really wasn't such a thing as junk food when I grew up. Just because I'm a baker, I don't want to blog about eating dessert all the time (even though Jeff thinks he can't go one night without it) because I don't. People assume when you're a baker that you eat all your goods all the time. Actually, if you're baking for someone, of course you can't eat it. Tasting yes. Testing during the experimenting phase, yes. Yeah, sometimes I just have to make myself a coconut cream pie or a coconut cake or a strawberry rhubarb pie (I like milk and ice cream on my fruit pie -that's the way my Mother liked it) Sometimes Jeff mentions how much he loves eclairs and I just have to whip some up. I try to keep things in balance. I don't want to blog about diets and weight loss. I abhor diets. I abhor the fact that it about kills a girl to lose some pounds but putting it all right back on seems to simply take one container of ice cream. I don't really like ice cream (except mint chocolate chip with hot fudge and whipped cream) and I can do without chocolate most of the time. Yes- true!  I'm no authority on cooking, I just love doing it and sharing it and sharing how to do it if anyone ever wants to know. I am an authority on horses and maybe someday if I have enough life, I may like to blog about the beauty and overflowing joys and heart-wrenching pain and sorrow and death defying physical labor and financial sacrifices of my life spent with my beloved equine children...and all my precious daughter -students (that belonged to someone else) that I've been lucky enough to have an influence on over the last 35 years.         I don't want to blog about politics because I was raised that your politics are private and you don't talk about them. Ten years ago nobody really talked much about politics. People throw the word conservative around all the time these days with political context. I've always been more conservative than anyone I've ever known but I ain't no republican. Most people couldn't even imagine doing without and sacrificing the way I have in my life. It's trendy now. Ever since the economic downturn everybody thinks they're "vintage" and "old fashioned" ha!  If they only knew. I don't want to blog about all the things I wish I didn't know that the idiot box (that's what my Mom called the TV) has brainwashed into my head. Sanguination... that means when you cut someones arteries or jugular and let all their blood bleed out of them. Kandahar- and lots of others names of places and bad stuff in the Middle East that I don't want to know. Honey booboo and all the moronic reality TV show stuff... the bachelorslutte and misstreswhores, some bad maids and all kind of inappropriate immoral new shows what the world is going on????? Or as my Mom used to say (and my Grandmothers and I'm sure all your Mom's too) "what's the world coming to!!"   Of course I don't want to blog about religion, nuff said. Marriage maybe. Morals and moral standards maybe. Ethics maybe. Restaurants and food of course. Pies, cakes and every kind of baked good -definitely. Spelling (misspelling) and other pet peeves -absolutely!! My varied life and times living in a barn here in the mountains of Appalachia....hard as it is, lucky as I am (and these mountains do want me to keep some secrets!!)       ...But!  I DO want to blog about some of all these things!! a little bit of this and a little bit of that... just a little bit of everything! A "balanced" blog! When it's raining or something cancels and I get some time! ...blogging takes soooo much time and holy shit I gotta go clean stalls! -B

No comments:

Post a Comment